Thursday 12 July 2012

Day 42 - Talk about a favourite vacation you have taken

A Picture Post!

My most favourite vacation was probably my honeymoon :)
Long story short, having a wedding wasn't going to work, so we decided to elope, and were going to do so in Alberta, then ended up eloping in Ontario (one word: paperwork), but still had the trip booked, so we turned it into our honeymoon!

We went to a chalet in Canmore, Alberta.  It was absolutely gorgeous!!!

For the first three days, we hardly stepped foot outside of our chalet.  We both worked 50-hour weeks and it felt absolutely wonderful to sleep and take bubble baths in the jacuzzi and lounge in front of the electric fireplace!


The week we were there, they were experiencing a chinook, so we were comfortable in layers and hoodies! (And back home, there was a cold snap all week)

This is what we got to see out of our chalet window every morning...*wistful sigh*

We went to Banff National Park for a day and took a gondola up Sulphur Mountain.

My hubby doesn't like heights that much...

We walked across a part of the mountain to a weather station that was built in 1902!

The inside was set up as it had been when the station was manned, way way back in the day.
I love historical stuff like this!!



In the parking lot we came across a pretty cool vehicle; it's used for driving over glaciers and stuff.
(Size reference: I'm 5'2" in my boots)

 This could totally fit in the backyard of my triplex, right??

Went to a natural hot springs as well; it felt amazing!

I'm in love with the mountains...I definitely want to go back someday...


So how about you? Tell me about your favourite vacation!


3 comments:

  1. Spending 3 days doing nothing but relaxing, sleeping, and hanging out in a jacuzzi sounds great to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful view outside of your chateau! I'd give an arm and a leg to spend three days napping in front of a fireplace and taking bubble baths - you lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the mountains for our honeymoon, too, but in North Carolina. It snowed and we were up high on the mountain so we were afraid of the drive down. Forced to stay in our cabin with a hot tub on the deck. Sat in it and watched it snow!

    ReplyDelete