Wednesday 9 May 2012

Getting Started

So I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now...giving myself a place to write again.

First of all, my identity.  I'm a wife and mother, a sound technician with a love for community theatre, a bookworm, a musician, an aunt, sister, daughter, friend.

My interests span hundreds of subjects, with my current chief interests being attachment parenting, babies and sign language, babywearing, bed-sharing and co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cloth diapers, making baby food, organizing, and doing further research into natural family planning, pregnancy, birth, and raising children.

In all the research I have done to date, in all of my experiences with kids of all ages, and in my own 4 months of parenting experiences, I have come to believe a truth; that my daughter knows what is best for her :)  She knows when she needs to eat, when she needs to have a nap, to have a cuddle.  She knows that the place she sleeps best is beside her mummy on most nights, and by herself sometimes.  In time I trust that she will know when she wants to wean, to have her own bed in her own room, to begin formal education, and to exercise her independence.

I fully understand that not every parent will agree with me, but I also believe that every child requires a different style of parenting, and while my firstborn has certain and specific needs (Miss Social Butterfly and Miss Cuddle Bug), I believe that my other children will have their own needs, which will require me to adapt my parenting to be able to fill their needs.  I definitely believe that baby knows best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment