Thursday 24 May 2012

Intro to my cloth diaper love

I love my cloth diapers.  I remember, when researching the different styles and brands and numerous accessories, so many moms would have comments like, "They're so addictive!" and "I want/need/have to get one of every colour" and "My partner says I'm not allowed to buy any more."

I have become one of these moms.  I love my cloth diapers.  I love putting my baby in cloth diapers.  I love washing and hanging and stuffing my cloth diapers.  I can't wait until I'm pregnant again so I can buy newborn cloth diapers!

I did a lot of reading and researching before choosing which styles and brands I wanted to invest in, and was easily overwhelmed.  First of all, if I'm making an investment, I want it to be a good one.  Second, shelling out anywhere between $200 to $600 (depending on brand, quantity, etc) plus accessories (laundry soap, cloth-diaper-safe cream, doublers, wetbags, diaper pail, etc) can seem like a lot, but if I think of the other option, spending $20 to $30 every two to four weeks on disposables, plus accessories, and then after it's used (once), going into a landfill, I'd rather take my $400 investment and see it go through 3 or 4 kids (or more...:P)  Please note, these are my thoughts and opinions.


I had wanted to get into the reasons why I decided to cloth diaper, but my little girl just woke up, so I'll just have to save that for another blog post!

The past few weeks, I've been working on 'reviews' for all of the brands of cloth diapers that I currently own.  This is a purely independent project, mostly because I want to practice my writing again (it's been way too long...), but also because I'd like to have a place to keep my notes on the different brands I've tried, pros and cons, etc.  That way, when I'm talking to people who are thinking about taking the plunge into cloth diapering, I have a starting place for them :)

I'm also hoping, in the days and weeks to come, to write up my thoughts, opinions, and findings, regarding my cloth diaper experiences and research.  Most of my decisions regarding my cloth diapers were because I read reviews by moms and others who used them, and so I'd like to return the favour!


No comments:

Post a Comment