Tuesday 5 June 2012

Blog Challenge - Day 5

I'm loving the topics that Kassie from Going Green with the Grizls is coming up with.  Here's today's blog topic!

Short-term Goals for This Month and Why

Lose the last 5 pounds of baby weight
 - It's been 5 months since baby girl's been born, and I want to fit into my summer clothes!!

Go running at least twice a week
 - I want to get fit for summer, I miss running, and it gets me outdoors and enjoying my city.  Hey, I might as well take advantage of all the bike paths around here!

Get rid of at least 2 garbage bags worth of stuff
 - Over the years we've accumulated an incredible variety of things, and I feel like my house is starting to get very cluttered.  When W came along, we got a masive amount of baby paerphanalia from a bunch of different sources, and I'm finding that some things weren't necessary (like the baby bath; she's been showering with me since about a month old), so why keep them?

Do my taxes
- Yes, I'm behind, and no, I didn't do any small business stuff last year, so I can't claim the June 15 deadline.  Plus, I don't get my baby bonus or GST rebates until I file, and they'd both come in handy right about now...

Read some books
- I used to inhale books.  Seriously.  I'd read an average of 4 books a week.  Since I've gotten busy with a baby, I've read about 10 in five months.  *sigh*  I want to read because I miss it, and also because what you read affects how you write, and if I want to write better, I have to read some good books.  Any suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. Lucky! I have read about 10 books (for me) in the last year because of a very demanding toddler who insists on reading her books and turning the pages in all books by herself. I loved "The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows, because it is easy to put down and pick up again. It was a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, she sounds like my nephew :) Thanks for the suggestion! I'm always looking for new authors :)

      Delete
  2. I too would love to jump on the band wagon and read a few good book. Maybe 50 shades of grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone mentioned that book the other day...have you read it yet?

      Putting it on my list now :)

      Delete
  3. I tried to read more (I used to inhale books too), but hubby gets really shirty when I pick up a book (or my phone, or my ipod touch, or anything that isnt about him really hehe)
    Very good goals.
    PS...I pick books on what the cover looks like and on what others are reading. At the mo, its chick lit romance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol sounds like my husband sometimes :P

      And that sounds like what I do sometimes!

      Delete
  4. I'm needing to get rid of random accumulated stuff as well. We happen to also have a baby bath that hasn't been used in a long while. =)

    ReplyDelete