Sunday 24 June 2012

Day 24 - Favourite Eco-Friendly Thing To Do

Today's prompt came from Shai at The Vagabond Studio

A Picture Post!

Without a doubt, my favourite eco-friendly thing to do is cloth diaper.


I like it so much I even created a photo album on Facebook for my cloth diapers and to talk about the different brands, pros/cons, etc.

We used sposies (disposables) for the first two weeks, and then started cloth. 
(Two weeks old and in her very first cloth diaper...don't you love the smile?)


Lol, I'm weird and sort my diapers by use.  My drawer has recently had a minor makeover (due to outgrowing, selling, and buying), but everything is in the same place.  In this photo, my 'rainbow' is on the left (diapers that fit alright but not super-well; my back-ups), my main diapers are in the middle, and my night-time diapers are on the right.  Night-times (at the time) were the ones with the highest contrast between snap colour and PUL colour. Now my night-times include bamboo pockets and wool covers.

I recently ordered my first WAHM diaper and was pretty excited to try it out.  Sweet Pea was excited too :)

Really, how cute is this little bum?

One of the things I'm most proud of is that we took cloth with us on Easter Weekend to hubby's dad's house. It was an awesome conversation starter and I loved putting cloth on my girl instead of doing disposables and filling the garbage.

 I haven't taken pictures of my washing and drying, but that will pop up in another post, I'm sure :)

What's your favourite eco-friendly thing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment