Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 10 - Famous Art anyone?

Cost aside, what is a famous art piece you would have in your home?


I was laying in bed thinking of all the famous art I love.  Or rather, trying to think of all the famous art I love.  The only one that would come to mind was this:


It's called Kohler's Pig by Michael Sowa.

I first came across it around 10 years ago, in a catalogue of wonderful, more traditional artwork (I worked in a  classy gift shop at the time).  It popped off the page and made me laugh, and I still smile every time I think of it :)

What works of art make you smile?

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha... what was the Pig doing jump into the water? taking bath ? haha.. anyway, nice2... it really can make me smile seeing it too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE this! The painting would have made a beautiful, simple landscape, but that pig completely adds character!

    http://www.thevagabondstudio.com

    ReplyDelete