Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 26 - What Does Your Significant Other Do That Makes Your Heart Melt?

Today's prompt came from Rachael at Little Britches

Hubby and I will have been together for four years, come Canada Day.  He is funny and quirky and likes to cook and clean!!  Really, could I be any luckier?

What does he do that makes my heart melt?  He buys me flowers.  For no reason.  Just because.

I'm SERIOUS!!

When we first moved to the city, I was finishing college and he was working at a bar/restaurant.  Money was tight.  Like, we fed the dog leftovers tight.  And one night he came home from work with flowers for me.  I was touched but protested that we couldn't afford luxuries like that right now, etc, etc.  Typical worried-about-money-spiel.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of, "But it makes you happy, and I want you to know that I love you."

He never got the worried-about-money-spiel again.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment